Inspiration by design
The Colorado 1640 sets a new standard in industrialization and automation. It features a heavy-duty drawer mechanism that holds up to two rolls of media at one time, each weighing up to 110 lbs. The two rolls can be of the same media type and size or different media, and once initialized, the print engine can switch jobs between rolls without operator assistance.
The UVgel print heads incorporate patented on-the-fly quality assurance control with continuous nozzle monitoring to detect and correct any underperforming nozzles. Canon’s patented nozzle monitoring technology automatically checks all nozzles using acoustic sampling and even detects when nozzles are going to misfire before they actually do.
- A radically new UV curable ink from Canon that bonds instantly on contact with the media, resulting in precise dot placement and area control for consistent high-quality images at high speed.
- UVgel has the large color gamut of solvent inks combined with the environmental benefits and safety profile of latex and UV inks.
- Ultra-thin ink dispersion with almost no discernible physical profile and the lowest ink consumption rate can provide up to a 40 % reduction in printing costs compared to 64” eco-solvent and latex systems.
- UVgel technology - instant pinning and dot gain control
- Low temperature curing - suitable for thin and heat-sensitive media
- Outstanding scratch resistance
- Easy lamination, ultra-thin smooth ink film
- High precision color-matching and consistency
- Odorless and instant dry printout
- Supported RIPs - ONYX® Graphics, Caldera
What did you expect!
- The world’s fastest 64-inch roll-to-roll printer, outdoor banners can be printed at 1,710 sq/ft hr and indoor POP at 610 sq/ft hr
- Up to 40 % reduction in ink/printing costs compared to other 64” roll-to-roll technologies
- Industrial designed production printer capable of printing higher print volumes and built to withstand high duty cycles
- Very high print quality across a wide range of applications without having to significantly compromise productivity by reducing speed
- Extremely easy and fast media loading and automatic switching with the support of 2 in-line rolls
- On-the-fly quality assurance technology facilitates unattended printing and reduced print waste
- Automated maintenance provides consistent print quality and higher uptime
Large Format Solutions Service and Support Brochure
Our mission is to provide quality service and support that consistently meets your productivity requirements. That means providing the highest quality parts along with rapid, responsive service that flexes as your needs change.
Professional Services Brochure
What if you could expand the types of printing jobs you offer today? What if you could streamline your workflow, optimize your color capabilities, and integrate new technologies and processes?
How Can The Colorado 1640 Roll-to-Roll Printer Benefit Your Business
Your resource for everything about the Colorado 1640 printer! Applications, UVgel ink technology, what customers are saying and more!
Colorado 1640 Certified Media Guide
This guide gives the current listing of certified media for the Colorado 1640. As a certified item we have run specific tests for this approval and profiling has been done and is located on the www.csa.canon website under Product support.
NEW - Colorado 1640 Printer Media Matrix
The new Colorado 1640 Printer allows for a lot of different applications on a wide variety of wide format media. The guide you can download here gives you the wide format media selection for certified media to use on the Colorado 1640 printer.
NEW - Canon UVgel Technology Application Guide
Do you want to know more about this revolutionary technology and what applications can it support? Register to download this exclusive guide and find out how this new technology can enhance your application portfolio while reducing waste and increasing your profits!
NEW - Canon UVgel Technology Backgrounder
Do you want to find out the impact of Canon’s new UVgel technology and what effects it will have on the wide format market? Find out here how the UVgel ink combines the strengths and benefits of all the current ink technologies in the market while also eliminating many of their limitations.
Wall Covering Brochure
After decades of being out of favor or overshadowed by designer paints, wallcoverings are reemerging as the darling of the interior design world. Wallpaper, murals, and other large-scale décor elements represent an exploding global market. One of the biggest drivers of this explosion is the transition to wide format digital printing — a transition that reflects not only technological innovation but also several intriguing new design trends.
Drivers and Software
In this area you will find information related to software supporting large format, production printing and office printing equipment, including: Applications and Utilities, Color Profiles, Drivers, Patches and Updates, Security Information, and User Manuals.
How the Colorado 1640 UVgel Printer Outperforms Latex Machines for Limitless Walls
How the Colorado 1640 Addresses Business Pain Points
Tree Towns Imaging Shares Why They Chose to Team Up With Canon Solutions America
How the Colorado1640 Graphics Printer Allowed Expansion into New Markets
Colorado Roll-to-Roll Graphics Printer Successfully Replaces 2 Eco-Solvent Machines
GDS/BranDecor Shares How the Colorado 1640 Printer Replaced Multiple Solvent Machines and More!
Double-Sided Printing Powered by the Colorado Printer Series
Printed Wallcoverings on the Colorado Series Printer
Drexel University Mural Installation & Unveiling
Canon Presents #WALLCOVERING Challenge
Canon Presents #WALLCOVERING Challenge quotes
Group Imaging, US - Wallcovering Challenge
Lamcom Technologies Inc, Canada - Wallcovering Challenge
Printec Inc - Wallcovering Challenge
Signex, Australia - Wallcovering Challenge
The Bigger Printing Co, UK - Wallcovering Challenge
Group Imaging - Case Study
Spectrum - Case Study
Color Reflections - Case Study
Colorado 1640 Printer - Teletransfer
WFX - Wide-Format Exchange, Segment #1
WFX - Wide-Format Exchange, Segment #2
WFX - Wide-Format Exchange, Segment #3
One Canon Event 2018 - Pixelwerx - Seeing is believing
One Canon Event 2018 - Pixelwerx - Segment #2
Canon Solutions America - Angel Georgiou in Orlando
ISA 2018 - What They Think
One Canon Event 2018 - What They Think
UVgel wide format print technology - ISA 2018
Colorado UVgel Technology
Colorado UVgel How Does it Work
Colorado Automatic Quality Control
Colorado Operating Cost
Colorado Broad Application Range
Colorado Innovation in Automation
Colorado Breakthrough Productivity
Colorado Auto Maintenance
Colorado 1640 Printer, powered by UVgel Trailer
ISA International Sign Expo 2017