Multifunction Printers and Copiers
- 5" intuitive color touchscreen with smartphone-like usability.
- A unique, customized device experience with Application Library.
- Supports certain mobile solutions for printing and scanning.1
- Scan and convert documents to searchable digital files through a single-pass, duplex document feeder.
- Designed for smaller print jobs with firstprint-out time as fast as 5.6 seconds.
- Secure scanning directly into Dropbox, Google Drive,™ Box, Microsoft OneDrive®/ OneDrive® for Business, and Evernote®via uniFLOW Online.2
- Low risk of confidential information loss as documents are only stored in short-term memory.
- With imageWARE Enterprise Management Console Device Configuration Manager Plug-in, security settings can be captured and exported to other devices on the same network.3
- Remotely control device access and set rules via optional uniFLOW or uniFLOW Online.
- Limit document distribution by implementing Send-to-Myself-only.
- Verify System at Startup is a process to help verify the validity of the device firmware and Application Library from unauthorized modifications.
- Leverage optional uniFLOW or uniFLOW Online for full accounting and reporting for Canon and third-party devices, pull printing, and job routing.
- Service parts are designed for machine's life cycle to help minimize need for proactive maintenance and reduce service calls.
- High-capacity, all-in-one cartridge helps reduce overall supply costs.
- Designed for quick, easy deployment.
- Remote diagnostics for rapid service response.
- Easily monitor device status and consumable levels, observe meter readings, manage settings, and implement security settings.
- Canon's signature reliability and engine technologies keep productivity high and minimize the impact on support resources.
- Designed to achieve maximum uptime with status notifications to help keep supplies replenished.
- Intuitive maintenance videos for common tasks like consumables replacement.
- A combination of fusing technologies and low-melting-point toner minimizes power requirements and helps achieve low-energy consumption.
- Encourage environmentally conscious work practices by providing settings that can help save paper and energy.
- ENERGY STAR® certified and currently rated EPEAT® Silver.4
The optional uniFLOW portfolio offers an on-premise or cloud solution that imageCLASS devices can utilize with flexible authentication. With either card-based or PIN code-based authentication, imageCLASS devices can secure output management, track costs with reporting, and operate mobile printing.
imageWARE Enterprise Management Console can be used by a device administrator to centrally manage the Canon printer fleet, including consumables, status notifications, meters, and configuration settings. imageWARE Remote allows for the service provider to manage devices proactively, including remote diagnosis and reporting. Local Content Delivery System facilitates remote firmware download at the device level.
The imageCLASS MF543dw leverages a single-pass document feeder for two-sided scanning at up to 70 images per minute (ipm) in black and white or 26 ipm in color. Scanned files can be converted into multiple file formats, including Hi-Compression PDF and Searchable PDF (OCR).
Unique to the Canon product line, the Application Library platform allows for one-touch button creation of key functions: Print Template, Standby Slide (screen saver), Scan-to-Preset Destination, ID Card Copy, Consumables Information, Copy (Eco), Copy (Bleed Reduce), Passport Copy, Fax and Store, Name and Scan, Copy (Enhance Text), and Language.
|CORE FUNCTIONS||Standard: Print, Copy, Scan, Send, Fax|
|PROCESSOR||Canon Custom Processor|
|CONTROL PANEL||5" Color Touch Panel|
|STANDARD INTERFACE CONNECTION||USB 2.0 x2 (Host), USB 2.0 x1 (Device) High-Speed, 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet (Network), Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Wi-Fi® Direct Connection, Near Field Communication|
PAPER CAPACITY (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)
|Standard: 650 Sheets
Maximum: 2,300 Sheets
|PAPER SOURCES (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)||Standard: 550-sheet Paper Cassette, 100-sheet Multipurpose Tray
Optional (up to three): 550-sheet Paper Cassettes (Paper Feeder PF-C1)
|PAPER OUTPUT CAPACITY (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)||Standard: 150 Sheets|
|SUPPORTED MEDIA TYPES||Cassettes: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Thick, Bond
Multipurpose Tray: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Thick, Bond, Label, Envelope (10 Envelopes)
SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES
|Cassettes: Letter, Legal, Statement, Executive Custom (Min. 4.1" x 5.8" to Max. 8.5" x 14")
Multipurpose Tray: Letter, Legal, Statement, Executive Envelope: COM10, Monarch, C5, DL Custom (Min. 3" x 5" to Max. 8.5" x 14")
|SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTS||Cassettes: 16 lb. Bond to 32 lb. Bond (60 to 120 g/m2)
Multipurpose Tray: 16 lb. Bond to 53 lb. Bond (60 to 199 g/m2)
|WARM-UP TIME||From Power On: 14 Seconds or Less
From Sleep Mode: 4 Seconds or Less
|DIMENSIONS (W x D x H)||Standard (Desktop): 19.5" x 18.3" x 17.8" (494 mm x 464 mm x 452 mm)
|INSTALLATION SPACE (W x D x H)||Standard (Desktop): 19.5" x 35.6" x 28.5" (494 mm x 905 mm x 724 mm)
Fully Configured: 19.5" x 35.6" x 43.9" (494 mm x 905 mm x 1,114 mm)
|WEIGHT4||Unit: Approx. 41.9 lb. (19 kg)
Boxed Weight: Approx. 56.2 lb. (25.5 kg)
|OPERATING SYSTEMS||Windows® 7/Windows 8.1/Windows 10/ Windows Server 2008/Windows Server 2008 R2/Windows Server 2012/ Windows Server 2012 R2/Windows Server 2016/Windows Server 2019/Mac OS X v10.9.5 (or later)|
|PRINTING METHOD||Laser Beam Printing|
|PRINT SPEED5||Up to 45 ppm (Letter); Up to 36 ppm (Legal)|
|FIRST PRINT OUT TIME||Approx. 5.6 Seconds|
|RECOMMENDED MONTHLY PAGE VOLUME||2,000 - 7,500 Pages|
|PRINT RESOLUTION (dpi)||600 x 600|
|STANDARD PAGE DESCRIPTION LANGUAGES||UFR II, PCL®6, PCL®5, Adobe PostScript 3®|
|DOUBLE-SIDED PRINTING||Automatic (Standard)|
|DIRECT PRINT||Available from USB Memory (JPEG, TIFF, PDF)|
|PRINTING FROM MOBILE AND CLOUD-BASED SERVICES6||Apple® AirPrint,® Canon PRINT Business, Mopria™ Print Service, Google Cloud Print,™ uniFLOW Secure Mobile Printing|
|FONTS||PCL: 93 Fonts PS: 136 Fonts|
|PRINT FEATURES||Secure Print, Page Border, Header/Footer, Page Layout, Two-sided Printing, Collating, Booklet Printing, Grouping, Mixed Paper Sizes/Orientations|
|COPY SPEED||Up to 45 ppm (Letter); Up to 36 ppm (Legal)|
|FIRST-COPY-OUT-TIME (LETTER)||Approx. 6.0 Seconds|
|COPY RESOLUTION||600 x 600|
|COPY SIZE||Platen and ADF: Up to Legal|
|MULTIPLE COPIES||Up to 999 Copies|
|MAGNIFICATION||25% - 400% (1% Increments)|
|PRESET REDUCTIONS||25%, 50%, 64%, 78%|
|PRESET ENLARGEMENTS||129%, 200%, 400%|
|COPY FEATURES||Paper Setting, Favorite Settings, Two-sided, Original Type Selection, Cancel, N-on-1, Density Adjustment, Sharpness, Erase Frame, Collate, Copy ID Card|
|TYPE||Single-Pass Duplexing Automatic Document Feeder|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER PAPER CAPACITY||50 Sheets (20 lb. Bond)|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES||Legal, Letter, Statement|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTS||Single and Double-sided scanning: 13-28 lb. Bond (50-105 g/m2)|
|PLATEN ACCEPTABLE ORIGINALS||Sheet, Book|
|PULL SCAN||ScanGear MF for TWAIN, WIA, and ICA|
|SCAN RESOLUTION||300 x 600, 600 x 600|
|SCAN TO MOBILE DEVICES||Canon PRINT Business|
|SCAN SPEED (LETTER)||Single-sided: 13/38 ipm (300 x 300 dpi) (Color/BW)
Double-sided: 26/70 ipm (300 x 300 dpi) (Color/BW)
|MEMORY MEDIA||Standard USB Memory (JPEG, TIFF, PDF)|
|DESTINATION||Email/Internet FAX (SMTP), SMB, FTP, Super G3 FAX|
|ADDRESS BOOK||LDAP (50)/Local (300)/Speed Dial (281)|
|SEND RESOLUTION||600 x 600 (Pull Scan), 196 x 204 (iFax), 300 x 300 (Other)|
|COMMUICATION PROTOCOL||File: FTP, SMB
Email/iFax: SMTP, POP3, iFax (Simple)
|FILE FORMAT||Standard: TIFF, JPEG, PDF (Compact, Searchable)
Optional: PDF (Encrypted, Digital Signature)
|MODEM SPEED||Super G3: 33.6 kbps
G3: 14.4 kbps
|COMPRESSION METHOD||MH, MR, MMR, JBIG|
|RESOLUTION||400 x 400, 200 x 400, 200 x 200, 200 x 100|
|SENDING / RECORDING SIZE||Statement to Legal|
|FAX MEMORY||Up to 512 Pages|
|SPEED DIALS||Max. 281 Dials|
|GROUP DIALS / DESTINATIONS||Max. 299 Dials|
|SEQUENTIAL BROADCAST||Max. 310 Addresses|
|FAX FEATURES||RX Mode, Resolution, Two-sided Original, Density, Sharpness, Favorite Settings, Duplex Fax|
|AUTHENTICATION||Standard: Embedded Universal Login Manager, Department ID Authentication
Optional: uniFLOW, uniFLOW Online
|DATA||Standard: Verify System at Startup|
|NETWORK||Standard: IP/MAC Address Filtering, IPSEC, TLS Encrypted Communication, SNMP V3.0, IEEE 802.1X, IPv6, SMTP Authentication, POP Authentication before SMTP|
|DOCUMENT||Standard: Secure Print, High Compression PDF, Searchable PDF
Optional: Encrypted PDF, User and Device Signatures
|WI-FI AUTHENTICATION METHODS||Wi-Fi Infrastructure Mode: WEP 64/128 bit, WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (AES)
Wi-Fi Access Point: WPA2-PSK (AES)
|OPERATING ENVIRONMENT||Temperature: 50 to 86º F
Humidity: 20 to 80% RH (no condensation)
|POWER REQUIREMENTS||AC 120-127 V:7.1 A, 60 Hz|
|POWER CONSUMPTION||Maximum: Approx. 1440 W
Standby: Approx. 17 W
Sleep Mode: Approx. 0.9 W
Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) Rating: 0.40 kWh
|STANDARDS||ENERGY STAR® Qualified, Rated EPEAT Silver3|
|TONER||Cartridge 056 Black ‐ Yields up to 5,100 Pages
Cartridge 056 Black, Standard ‐ Yields up to 10,000 Pages
Cartridge 056 Black, High Capacity ‐ Yields up to 21,000 Pages
uniFLOW Online Express
Secure cloud-based authentication, scanning and accounting for organizations who do not want to invest in or manage local servers.
To learn more, click here.
Whatever the size of your organization, you can use uniFLOW to optimize productivity and help reduce costs by gaining effective control and management over your entire printer fleet.
To learn more, click here.
View all Software Solutions, click here.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
Drivers & Downloads
imageCLASS Application Library