- 10.1" intuitive touchscreen with smartphone-like usability.
- A unique, customized experience tailored to individual preferences using My ADVANCE.
- Supports mobile solutions and integration with many popular cloud services like Google Drive.
- Scan and convert documents to searchable digital files in a variety of file formats.
- Integration with Canon and various third-party software with embedded application platform.
- Hot Folders allow users to drag and drop a file into a hot folder, and automatically print with predefined settings such as number of copies and finishing requirements.
- Advanced standard security feature set to help safeguard sensitive information and assist in regulatory compliance.
- Integrates with existing, third-party Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems to help provide real-time comprehensive insights into potential threats to the network and printers.
- Technology to verify that the device boot process, firmware, and applications initialize at startup, without any alterations or tampering by malicious third parties. During operation, McAfee Embedded Control utilizes a whitelist to protect against malware and tampering of firmware and applications.*
- Security policy settings can be controlled with a dedicated password, configured from a central location, and exported to other supported devices.
- Control access to the device and specific features, using a host of flexible authentication methods - PIN code, user name/password, or card access.
- Track and assess print, copy, scan, and fax usage and allocate costs to departments or projects.
- Apply print policies and restrict usage by user to help reduce unnecessary printing and contribute to cost efficiency.
- Standard cloud-based solution provides a centralized dashboard with up-to-the-minute insights into printer activity.
- Upgrade to uniFLOW server or cloud-based solutions for full accounting and reporting for compatible Canon and third-party devices, pull printing, job routing, and powerful scan workflows.
- Designed for quick, easy deployment.
- Remote diagnostics and parts life management for proactive maintenance and rapid fixes.
- Easy and intuitive to monitor device status and consumable levels, turn off devices remotely, observe meter readings, manage settings, and implement security policies.
- Common firmware and regular updates with Unified Firmware Platform (UFP) for continuous improvements and consistency across a fleet.
- Canon's signature reliability and engine technologies help keep productivity high and minimize the impact on support resources.
- Outstanding imaging technologies and toner allow for consistently striking images, thanks to Canon’s V2 color profile.
- Designed to achieve maximum uptime with status notifications that help keep supplies replenished and intuitive maintenance videos for consumables replacement.
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE models have received many awards and recognition from leading industry analysts, often referencing strong reliability.
- A combination of fusing technologies and low-melting-point toner minimizes power requirements and helps achieve low energy consumption.
- Encourage environmentally conscious work practices by enabling multiple settings that can help save paper and energy.
- ENERGY STAR® certified and rated EPEAT® Gold.*
|Type||Color Laser Multifunctional|
|CORE FUNCTIONS||Standard: Print, Copy, Scan, Send, Store
|PROCESSOR||1.8 GHz Dual Core Processor|
|CONTROL PANEL||10.1" TFT LCD WSVGA Color Touch-panel|
|MEMORY||3.5 GB RAM|
|SOLID STATE DRIVE||Standard: 256 GB
Maximum: 1 TB
Standard: 1000Base-T/100Base-TX/10Base-T, Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n)
Optional: NFC, Bluetooth Low Energy
Standard: USB 2.0 x1 (Host), USB 3.0 x1 (Host), USB 2.0 x1 (Device)
Optional: Copy Control Interface
|PAPER OUTPUT CAPACITY (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)||Standard: 250 Sheets
Optional: 3,450 Sheets (with Staple Finisher-AB1 or Booklet Finisher-AB1 and 3rd Copy Tray Kit-A1)
PAPER CAPACITY (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)
|Standard: 1,200 Sheets
Maximum: 2,300 Sheets
|PAPER SOURCES (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)||Standard: Dual 550-sheet Paper Cassettes, 100-sheet Multipurpose Tray
Optional: Dual 550-sheet Paper Cassettes (Cassette Feeding Unit-AW1)
PAPER OUTPUT CAPACITY (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)
|Standard: 250 Sheets
Maximum: 3,450 Sheets (with Staple Finisher-AE1/Booklet Finisher-AE1 and Copy Tray-T1)
|FINISHING CAPABILITIES||Standard: Collate, Group
With Finishers: Collate, Group, Offset, Staple, Saddle-Stitch, Hole Punch, Eco Staple, Staple On Demand
|SUPPORTED MEDIA TYPES||Multi-Purpose Tray: Thin, Plain, Heavy, Recycled, Coated, Color,
Tracing, Bond, Transparency, Label, Prepunched, Envelope, Letterhead
Upper Cassette: Thin, Plain, Heavy, Recycled, Color, Tracing, Bond, Transparency, Pre-punched, Envelope, Letterhead
Lower Cassette: Thin, Plain, Heavy, Recycled, Color, Bond, Transparency, Pre-punched, Envelope6, Letterhead
SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES
|Upper Cassette: Letter, Executive, Statement-R Custom Size (4-1/8" x 5-7/8" to 11-3/4" x 8-1/2"), Envelopes (ISO-C5)
Lower Cassette: 12" x 18", 11" x 17", Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Executive, Statement-R, Custom Size (4-1/8" x 5-7/8" to 12" x 18"), Envelopes6 (COM10 No.10, Monarch, DL)
Multi-Purpose Tray: 12"x18", 11"x17", Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Executive, Statement, Statement-R Custom Size/Free Size: 4" x 5-7/8" to 12" x 18", Envelopes (COM10 No.10, Monarch, ISO-C5, DL), Envelope Custom Size ( 3-7/8" x 3-7/8" to 12-5/8" x 18")
|SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTS||Cassettes: 14 lb. Bond to 140 lb. Cover (52 to 256 g/m2)
Multi-Purpose Tray: 14 lb. Bond to 110 lb. Cover (52 to 300 g/m2)
Duplexing: 14 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover (52 to 220 g/m2)
|PRINT / COPY SPEED (BW and COLOR)||Up to 35 ppm (Letter); Up to 23 ppm (Letter-R); Up to 17 ppm (Legal/11" x 17")|
|WARM-UP TIME||From Power On:Approx. 10 Seconds
From Sleep Mode: Approx. 10 Seconds
Quick Startup Mode: Approx. 4 Seconds
|DIMENSIONS (W x D x H)||22-1/4" x 28-1/2" x 35-3/8" (565 mm x 722 mm x 897 mm)|
|INSTALLATION SPACE (W x D x H)||Basic: 38-1/2" x 44-1/8" (978 mm x 1119 mm)
Fully Configured: 65" x 44-1/8" (1651 mm x 1119 mm)
|WEIGHT||Approx. 185.2 lb. (84 kg)|
|PRINT RESOLUTION (DPI)||1200 x 600, 1200 x 1200|
|STANDARD PAGE DESCRIPTION LANGUAGES||UFR II, PCL®6, Adobe® PS® 3|
|SUPPORTED FILE TYPES||PDF, TIFF, JPEG, EPS, XPS|
|PRINTING FROM MOBILE AND CLOUD-BASED SERVICES6||A range of standard and optional software and MEAP-based solutions (including AirPrint, Mopria, Universal Print by Microsoft®, Canon PRINT Business, and uniFLOW Online) are available to provide printing from mobile devices or internet-connected devices and cloud-based services depending on your requirements. Please contact your sales representative for further information.|
|FONTS||PCL Fonts: 93 Roman, 10 Bitmap fonts, 2 OCR fonts, Andalé Mono WT J/K/S/T (Japanese, Korean, Simplified and Traditional Chinese), Barcode Fonts
PS Fonts: 136 Roman
|OPERATING SYSTEM||UFRII/PS: Windows® 8.1/10/Server2012/Server 2012 R2/Server 2016/Server 2019, Mac OS X (10.11 or later)
PCL: Windows® 8.1/10/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2/Server 2016/Server 2019
PPD:Windows® 8.1/10, Mac OS X (10.11 or later)
|FIRST-COPY-OUT-TIME (LETTER)||Approx. 5.5 seconds (BW)/7.4 seconds (Color)|
|COPY RESOLUTION||600 x 600|
|MULTIPLE COPIES||Up to 999 Copies|
|MAGNIFICATION||25%-400% (1% Increments)|
|PRESET REDUCTIONS/ENLARGEMENTS||25%, 50%, 64%, 73%, 78%, 100% (1:1), 121%, 129%, 200%, 400%|
|TYPE||Single-pass Duplexing Automatic Document Feeder|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER PAPER CAPACITY||Up to 200 Sheets (20 lb. Bond)|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES||11" x 17", Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Statement, Statement-R, Custom Size: 2-3/4" x 5-1/2"to 12" x 17" (69.9 mm x 139.7 mm to 304.8 mm x 431.8 mm)|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTS||BW/Color Original: 13.3 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover (50 to 220 g/m2)
Double-sided scanning: 13.3 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover (50 to 220 gsm) (BW, CL)
|PLATEN ACCEPTABLE ORIGINALS||Sheet, Book, 3-Dimensional Objects|
|PLATEN MAXIMUM SCANNING SIZE||Up to 11-3/4" x 17" (297.0 mm x 431.8 mm)|
|PULL SCAN||Color Network ScanGear2 for both Twain and WIA
Supported OS: Windows® 8.1/10/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2/Server 2016
|SCAN RESOLUTION||Scan for Copy: 600 x 600
Scan for Send: (Push) 600 x 600 (SMB/FTP/WebDAV/IFAX), (Pull) 600 x 600
Scan for Fax: 600 x 600
|SCAN TO MOBILE DEVICES AND CLOUD-BASED SERVICES||A range of solutions is available to provide scanning to compatible mobile devices and certain cloud-based services depending on your requirements.|
|SCAN SPEED (LETTER)(BW/CL)||Single-sided Scanning: 1135 ipm (300 dpi)/80 ipm (600 dpi)
Double-sided Scanning: 270 ipm (300 dpi)/160/90 ipm (600 dpi)
|DESTINATION||Standard: E-mail/Internet FAX (SMTP), SMB v3.0, FTP, WebDAV, Mail Box
Optional: Super G3 FAX, IP Fax
|ADDRESS BOOK||LDAP (2,000)/Local (1,600)/Speed dial (200)|
|SEND RESOLUTION||Push: Up to 600 x 600
Pull: Up to 600 x 600
|COMMUICATION PROTOCOL||File: FTP(TCP/IP), SMB3.0 (TCP/IP), WebDAV
Email: SMTP, POP3
|FILE FORMAT||Standard: TIFF, JPEG, PDF(Compact, Searchable, Apply Policy, Optimize for Web, PDF/A-1b, Trace & Smooth, Encrypted, Device Signature, User Signature), XPS (Compact, Searchable, Device Signature, User Signature), Office Open XML (PowerPoint, Word)|
|MAXIMUM NUMBER OF CONNECTION LINES||2|
|MODEM SPEED||Super G3: 33.6 kbps
G3: 14.4 kbps
|COMPRESSION METHOD||MH, MR, MMR, JBIG|
|RESOLUTION||400 x 400, 200 x 400, 200 x 200, 200 x 100|
|SENDING / RECORDING SIZE||Statement-R to 11" x 17"|
|FAX MEMORY||Up to 30,000 Pages (2,000 Jobs)|
|SPEED DIALS||Max. 200|
|GROUP DIALS / DESTINATIONS||Max. 199 Dials|
|SEQUENTIAL BROADCAST||Max. 256 Addresses|
|Mail Box (Number Supported)||100 User In-boxes, 1 Memory RX In-box, 50 Confidential Fax In-boxes, Maximum 10,000 Pages (2,000 jobs) Stored|
|Advanced Box||Communication Protocol: SMB or WebDAV
Supported Client PC: Windows (Windows 8.1/10)
Concurrent Connections (Max.)
|Advanced Box Available Disc Space||Standard: 16 GB (With Option: max. 480 GB)|
|AUTHENTICATION AND ACCESS CONTROL||User Authentication (Picture Login, Picture and PIN Login, Card Login, Username and Password Login, Function Level Login, Mobile Login), Department ID Authentication (Department ID and PIN Login, Function Level Login), uniFLOW Online Express18 (PIN Login, Picture Login, Picture and PIN Login, Card Login, Card and PIN Login, Username and Password Login, Department ID and PIN Login, Function Level Login), Access Management System (Access Control)|
|DOCUMENT SECURITY||Print Security (Secure Print, Encrypted Secure Print, Forced Hold Printing, uniFLOW Secure Print19), Receive Data Security (Confidential Fax Inbox Forwarding Received Documents Automatically), Scan Security (Encrypted PDF, Device Signature PDF/XPS, User Signature PDF/XPS, Adobe LiveCycle Rights Management ES2.5 Integration), BOX Security (Mail Box Password Protected, Advanced Space Access Control), Send Data Security (Setting for requesting password input per transmission, Restricted E-mail/File send functions, Confirming FAX number, Allow/Restrict Fax Driver Transmissions, Allow/Restrict Sending from History, S/MIME Support), Document Tracking (Secure Watermark)|
|NETWORK SECURITY||TLS 1.3, IPSec, IEEE802.1X authentication, SNMP V3.0, Firewall Functionality (IP/MAC Address Filtering), Dual Network Support (Wired LAN/Wireless LAN, Wired LAN/Wired LAN), Disabling Unused Functions (Enabling/DisablingProtocols/Applications, Enabling/Disabling Remote UI, Enabling/Disabling USB Interface), Communication Line Separation (G3 FAX, USB Port, Advanced Space, Scan and Send-Virus Concerns for E-mail Reception)|
|DEVICE SECURITY||Protecting SSD Data [SSD Data Encryption (FIPS140-2 Validated), SSD Lock], Standard SSD Initialize, Trusted Platform Module (TPM), Job Log Conceal Function, Protecting MFP Software Integrity, Checking MFD Software Integrity (Verify System at Startup, Runtime Intrusion Detection)|
|DEVICE MANAGEMENT AND AUDITING||Administrator Password, Digital Certificate and Key Management, Audit Log, Cooperating with External Security Audit System (Security Information and Event Management), Image Data Logging, Security Policy Setting|
|OPERATING ENVIRONMENT||Temperature: 50 to 86º F
Humidity: 20 to 80% RH (Relative Humidity)
|POWER REQUIREMENTS||110V-127V, 60Hz, 8.5A|
|POWER CONSUMPTION||Maximum: Approx. 1,500 W
Standby: Approx. 43.9 W
Sleep Mode: Approx. 0.8 W
Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) Rating: 0.38 kWh
|STANDARDS||ENERGY STAR® Certified, Rated EPEAT Gold|
|TONER||GPR-53 Toner BK/C/M/Y
GPR-53L Toner C/M/Y
|TONER YIELD (Estimated @ 5% Coverage)||GPR-53 Toner
BK: 36,000 Pages
C/M/Y: 19,000 Pages
C/M/Y: 8,500 Pages
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
Drivers & Downloads
imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX Series
imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX Introduction
imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX Overview
imageRUNNER ADVANCE Control Your MFP
Product Support Videos
How To Customize User Interface
How to Manage Timeline Functionality
How to Make Copies