- Lightning fast, exceptional black and white laser output and prints at speeds of up to 65 pages-per-minute1, with your first print in your hands in 7 seconds or less2.
- Remarkable paper handling in an expandable, configurable construction, with multiple optional accessories available to support paper feeding up to 3,600 sheets3.
- Supports UFR II, PCL 5c/e, PCL6, Adobe® PostScript®, PDF and XPS printer languages, allowing greater versatility for your printing needs.
- Print on-the-go with Canon PRINT Business4, Apple® AirPrint®5, Mopria™ Print Service6 and Google Cloud Print™7, using your compatible mobile device.
- Easily print from your USB Flash drive in JPEG, TIFF, PDF and XPS formats, using Direct Print.
- Password protected Department ID Management helps business owners monitor and manage device usage for up to 300 IDs.
- Low energy consumption uses just 1 watt or less in wired, energy saving mode, helping you save on energy costs.
- Eco friendly, two-sided printing right out of the box helps your business save on paper and related costs.
- The single cartridge system combines the toner and drum into one unit, making replacement of cartridges simple.
|Printer Type||Monochrome Laser Single Function Printer|
|Print Speed||Up to 65 ppm (1-sided plain paper, letter), Up to 43ppm (2-sided plain paper, letter)1|
|First Print Time||7 seconds or less (letter)2|
|Printer Language||UFR II, PCL 5c/e, PCL6, PS, PDF, XPS|
|Print Resolution||600 x 600 dpi,
1,200 x 1,200 dpi equivalent dpi
|Maximum Print Size||Up to Legal|
|Print Modes||Toner Saver, Booklet, Poster, Watermark|
|Print Memory||1 GB|
|Direct Print from USB||Print File format: JPEG, TIFF, PDF, XPS|
|Paper Handling Specifications|
|Standard Paper Source(s)||500-sheet cassette, 100-sheet multipurpose tray3|
|Optional Paper Source(s)||500-sheet cassette (PF-B1), 450-sheet custom media cassette (CM-A1), 1,500-sheet paper deck (PD-G1), 75-sheet (or 200-postcard) feeder (EF-A1)3|
|Paper Output||Output tray (face down): Approx. 500 sheets, Sub-output tray (face up): 100-sheets|
|Paper Weight||16-32 lb. bond (plain paper, 500-sheet standard cassette, optional 500-sheet cassette, optional 1,500-sheet paper deck, optional 450-sheet custom media cassette), 16-53 lb. bond (plain paper, 100-sheet multipurpose tray)|
|Media Sizes||500-sheet standard cassette and 450-sheet custom media cassette: Letter, Legal, A4, A5, A6, B5, Executive, Statement, Foolscap. 500-sheet optional cassette: Letter, Legal, A4, A5, B5, Executive, Foolscap. 1,500-sheet paper deck: Letter, Legal, A4.|
|Media Types||Plain, Heavy, Bond, Label, Envelope, Postcard|
|Envelope Capacity||75 envelopes (Optional Envelope Feeder)|
|Envelope Types||Com 10, Monarch, C5, DL|
|Connectivity and Software Specifications|
|Standard Interface(s)||USB Device High-Speed 2.0, 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet (Network)|
|Mobile Functions||Canon PRINT Business4, Apple® AirPrint®5, Mopria™ Print Service6, Google Cloud Print™7|
|Embedded Web Server (Remote UI)||Yes|
|Web Browser Support for Remote UI||Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Safari 9.0.3|
|Print Protocols||LPD, RAW, WSD-Print (IPv4,IPv6)|
|TCP/IP Set of Application Services||Bonjour(mDNS), HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP, BOOTP, RARP, ARP+PING, Auto IP, WINS (IPv4), DHCPv6 (IPv6)|
|Network Management Protocols||SNMPv1, SNMPv3 (IPv4,IPv6)|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®, Windows Server® 2012 R2, Windows Server® 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows Server 2003, Mac® OS X 10.5.8 & up|
|Cable Included||Power Cord (USB not included)|
|Bundled Software||Printer driver|
|Power Consumption||During Operation: 880 W or less,
During Standby: 20 W or less,
Energy Saver Mode: 1 W Wired / 2 W USB
|Typical Energy Consumption||3.1 kWh|
|Dimensions||16.4 (W) x 20.9 (D) x 17.3 (H)|
|Unit Weight (without/with cartridge)||54 lbs. (w/o cartridge),
57.8 lbs (w/cartridge)
|Package Weight||Approx. 67.3 lbs|
|Cartridge Type||Cartridge 039 Black (Yields approximately 11,000 pages)
Cartridge 039 High Black (Yields approximately 25,000 pages)
*Yields based on ISO/IEC Standard
|LCD Display||5 Line LCD Panel|
|Duty Cycle||Up to 280,000 pages per month|
|Department ID Management||Yes, Up to 300 ID's|
|Security||IEEE802.1x, SNMPv3, IPSEC, IPv6|
|Languages||English, Spanish, French, Portuguese|
|Warranty||1 Year Onsite Service (Extended warranty available)8|
EPEAT Silver Rating
1. Print speed is based on internal testing. Print speed may vary depending on the number of copies selected, as well as on the settings for size, type and orientation of paper.
2. May vary depending on the output environment.
3. Based on 20 lb. bond paper.
4. Canon PRINT Business is a free app available on the App Store® and Google Play™ Store. For more information, including compatibility, please visit https://www.usa.canon.com/mobile-app. Users of Canon Mobile Printing can simply update the app to use Canon PRINT Business. Users who have installed Canon Mobile Scanning for Business should install Canon PRINT Business on their compatible device. After Canon PRINT Business is installed, users can re-register their Canon Mobile Scanning for Business device list and local documents. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. iPhone, iPad Air, iPad, iPad mini, are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the United States and other countries and is used under license.
5. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPad Mini, iPad 2, the new iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
6. Mopria Print Service, available for free at the Google Play Store, requires a compatible Android KitKat 4.4 smartphone or tablet. The printer must be either wirelessly connected to the network router or with an Ethernet cable. The mobile device and printer must be connected to the same network.
7. Google Cloud Print requires an Internet connection and Google Account. Printer firmware update may be necessary for Google Cloud Print™ function. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or a Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later and USB cable are required to perform firmware update.
8. Warranty program is subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See the warranty card for details.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.
You don't need to be a graphic designer to create your own posters. Canon's PosterArtist software gives you the ability to quickly and easily create professional large format prints that can be used in applications such as office presentations, posters, banners, retail signage, and much, much more.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.