Educators face increasing challenges. Professors need to create effective course materials quickly. As budgets continue to shrink, they must use resources responsibly, while safeguarding confidential student and staff information. Canon Solutions America offers hardware and software technology solutions for education. These solutions can help streamline workflows, boost collaboration, control expenses, secure student information, improve accessibility, and reduce the environmental impact of printing.
Get Inspired. Get Educated. Get Involved.
Join the community of higher education professionals to share stories and learn from each other on ways to help solve your procurement, advanced technology, and academic sustainability needs. Explore thought-provoking solutions designed to provide you with the tools you need now and into the future.
- Digital Mailrooms in K-12 and Higher Education Infographic
- Digital Mailrooms in K-12 and Higher Education Issue Brief
- A Roadmap for Improving Enterprise Content Management in Education Infographic
- A Roadmap for Improving Enterprise Content Management in Education Issue Brief
- Phasing Out Inconvenient Processes in Education with Intelligent Automation Infographic
- Phasing Out Inconvenient Processes in Education with Intelligent Automation Issue Brief
- 5 Things You Can Do Now to be Cyber Strong
- 7 Ways Managed Services Can Accelerate Digital Transformation
- Advanced Solutions for Education
- Advanced Solutions for Higher Education - uniFLOW
- An Evolving Student Experience: Technology Trends in Higher Education
- Automation Trends in Education
- Creating a Remote Learning Experience in Higher Education Infographic
- From Device to Data: Creating an Efficient Workflow with Security in Mind in Higher Education
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE Higher Education Security Cassette Lock Brochure
- MPS in Education
- One Touch Workflows For Education
- Protecting Sensitive Student Data Infographic
- Safeguarding Student Data on the Technology-Driven Campus Issue Brief
- Securing Information in Overlooked Places Issue Brief
- Smart Digital Transformation in Higher Education
- Strategies for Higher Education Security
- Understanding the Future Role of Technology in Education: Restore, Evolve, Transform
- uniFLOW for Education
- University of West Georgia Testimonial -imagePRESS C10000VP, imagePRESS C810, varioPRINT 115, and Arizona 365 GT
Keep Faculty and Student Information Secure
Education facilities process a lot of secure information, including student grade records and student and staff health and personnel information. Canon Solutions America provides practical solutions to help safeguard confidential information from unauthorized access or printing during daily use and at end of life. Protecting information on a device hard drive helps schools with their FERPA and HIPAA compliance. Canon Solutions America offers a variety of HDD security options of particular interest to educational institutions. Education IT administrators can control exactly who is authorized to access, print, copy, scan, or send confidential information. Administrators can require users to authenticate at a device before private information is released for printing. This helps to prevent users, whether knowingly or accidentally, from sending a document or message to the wrong location. With driver-based, serverless, and server-based solutions, there’s less risk of sensitive information being left on output trays.
Solutions That Boost Sustainability and Environmentally Conscious Behavior
Communities expect schools to be a model for environmental responsibility. Canon Solutions America is committed to developing technologies that help schools be environmentally conscious. As an ENERGY STAR® partner since 1993, Canon qualified more than 200 products that incorporate original and advanced energy-efficient technologies without compromising features or performance. Elements heat up quickly and print at lower temperatures than before, keeping energy costs down and reducing equipment wait time. The sleep mode feature keeps energy consumption low and scanning takes less energy, too. Secured printing, default duplex printing, and fax forwarding all help to minimize waste. Canon also manufactures smaller, lighter products to keep transportation costs from our facility down. Finally, you can recycle toner cartridges, and if your local community doesn’t take them, Canon has a collection program. We strive to achieve the highest environmental standards.
Reduce Printing Costs for Faculty, Administration, and Students
Facing continued budget cuts, educational institutions must find ways to print more cost-efficiently, better manage printing, and encourage responsible equipment use. Our solutions can help schools lower costs and improve printing efficiency without sacrificing the quality of education.
Canon Solutions America can help you keep costs down by capitalizing on just-in-time delivery. Higher learning institutions can produce out-of-print publications when demand warrants, large inventories, short-run volumes, and hard copy documents. When you output documents over multiple channels — using centralized printing at point of need or over the web — you can control the right amount of copies. You save, time, money, and paper.
Canon Solutions America provides premium products and services. We can arrange print services to faculty, staff, and students through on-campus print centers that support academics and student organizations.
Boost Accessibility and Improve Productivity for All
The U.S. Government estimates* that approximately 11% of all college students have disabilities. Canon Solutions America is committed to boosting productivity for all users, including those with disabilities. Our capabilities give more people access to our devices, allowing faster, easier use. For the visually impaired, we offer voice guidance and operation, concave keys, reversible displays, bright control panels, Braille label kits, and screen-reading software.
For those with limited mobility, Canon products feature an ADF Access Handle to enable a person in a wheelchair to close the feeder from the upright position. Some models also offer flexible control panels, as well as single-button drawer openers and toner doors that open automatically during the replacement process. The control panels tilt for better visibility. Users can change the toner with one hand, too.
*U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics
Create and Distribute Effective Class Materials
Educators devote a significant amount of time preparing assignments and course materials to make classes more engaging and effective. Instructors can scan hard copies, upload them to a digital archive requiring a password, and distribute them via the web. In the process, you cut costs, reduce paper waste, and get materials into students’ hands faster.
With just-in-time delivery, schools can reach busy learners with on-demand printing. You can ensure that the faculty has the most up-to-date materials by always printing the right number of copies when and where needed. With software available from Canon Solutions America, you can also accelerate central library searches. Students can specify their output requirements and get the pertinent information they need.